IndiBlogger

Monday, June 11, 2012

Munni badnaam hui - Eternal song of love and loss

There's no greater song of love & pain which paints the true story of a lover's heart who is yearning for acceptance. But what she gets is rejection from a cold heart. The hidden meaning is revealed only when the layers are unfolded with patience and a little thought.

Munni badnaam hui darling tere liye..
O my darling, I, your Munni has brought disgrace upon myself, only for you, my love !

Munni ke gaal gulabi, nain sharabi, chaal nawabi ho...
What is that you find missing in me 
Do I not have lovely red lips ?
Do I not have eyes which can make you feel drunk?
Or Do I not have the grace of princess in my walk?
Even with my poise, my beauty and my playfulness,
If I cannot win your heart, 
Then what more shall I ask from God which makes you look at me

Main zandu balm hui darling tere liye..
I have forgotten myself and let go of my own identity my dear 
I can bear this rejection and pain no more
I am no longer me, but nothing more than a shadow of you
My heart just wants to melt into yours so that I am no longer a separate being
Only when my soul is one with you, can it ease my pain 
Just like a balm melts into the body to ease the pain in a stiff part


- Munni, your beloved 

No comments: